Basic Function & Purpose of the Role
- Analyse & evaluate risk register, control & mitigating plan detail to ensure alignment with risk management framework and associated policy,
- Maintain accuracy of risk registers including review & follow up on mitigation plan progress and management of quarterly functional risk register sign off
- Responsible for delivery of quarterly risk reporting & analysis pack, including ongoing development and enhancement of analysis and key metrics,
- Conduct regular business unit clinic & feedback sessions to drive consistency and quality across business risk registers,
- Providing ongoing support to Risk Champions across the business in carrying out risk assessments, maintaining risk register, identification of risk mitigation, providing guidance as to the ERM framework and Risk management policies, and other risk awareness activities
- Responsible for ongoing support and maintenance of local Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) tool, acting as local subject matter expert for the system,
- Manage GRC development from requirements gathering through to pre-release testing, and training & awareness to all users,
- Conduct regular performance monitoring with 3rd party vendor providing GRC tool,
- Support with the preparation of board reporting:
- Schedule, plan and delivery quarterly Risk Champion Committee meetings and individual business unit clinics,
- Maintain risk & system related procedures, guidelines and other documentation,
- Conduct game risk assessments for all new product developments, liaising with internal stakeholders and Office of Regulatory of National Lottery on assessment outputs and findings,
- Support business experts in Principal Risk Reporting & preparation for presentation to executive risk committee,
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of global and industry best practice, trends, and ongoing development in risk management,
- Provide back up support for suspicious transaction monitoring & triage for identification of potential fraud or responsible gaming issues,
- Provide support to the Risk & Compliance Manager and Head of Business Assurance as required.
- Be proactive and alert to potential risks which needs to be considered by PLI; Assist with critical PLI initiatives/strategy implementation related to risk management
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
A formal risk management qualification or suitable experience.
3-4 years working in risk management or compliance function.
Knowledge of regulated business.
A good understanding of the lottery or gaming business, and / or lottery related regulations and legislation an advantage.
Proficient with Excel, Word and the Office 365 suite
Excellent documentation skills
- Business and Organisational Planning.
- Proven ability to prioritize objectives and duties.
- Problem solving and analysis; Proactive and flexible team attitude.
- Technical / professional knowledge
- Self-starter and able to independently lead project and meeting management including attention to detail.
- Proven judgment in decision making and ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross-department personnel and other business stakeholders.