Basic Function & Purpose of the Role
Job Title Senior IT Internal Auditor
Department Internal Audit
Reporting to Head of Internal Audit
Date March 2023
Basic Function and Purpose of this Role
Purpose of the Role:
As a key member of the PLI Internal Audit team, you will have a unique opportunity to gain an understanding of all aspects of the National Lottery as you execute IT, operational and compliance audits across the business. You will work closely with the Head of Internal Audit to provide independent, objective assurance to the Board, Audit Committee and the Senior Leadership Team over PLI’s key risks and activities. You will help the business strengthen internal processes and controls by providing constructive challenge and insightful recommendations. In this role, you will interact with staff across all areas of the business, including the Senior Leadership Team. With PLI, you will get exposure to Internal Audit practices, governance and strategic planning in a regulated environment operating a Three Lines of Defence model.
We’re looking for an experienced IT Internal Auditor who wants to broaden their skills, experience and commercial acumen by performing IT, operational and compliance audits in a technology-driven business.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the annual Internal Audit plan.
- End-to-end involvement in assigned assurance and consulting engagements from the Internal Audit plan. This includes definition of audit scope and test strategy, execution of testing and reporting to management.
- Ensuring engagements are delivered in line with agreed time scales and in accordance with the PLI Internal Audit Methodology and associated KPIs.
- Following up on the status of agreed management actions to determine whether they have been implemented.
- Representing Internal Audit at cross-functional Risk Champion meetings and maintaining the Internal Audit risk register.
- Taking the lead on identifying, specifying and testing improvements to the Internal Audit module of PLI’s governance, risk and control system (AdaptiveGRC).
- Supporting the Head of Internal Audit in delivering internal process improvements and strategic initiatives for the Internal Audit function.
- Actively developing and maintaining positive working relationships with management and staff across the business.
- Offering insights, expertise and advice to the business with respect to the system of governance, risk management and internal control.
Qualifications & Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or associated discipline.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC). Or be willing to undertake to undertake CISA certification within one year of joining.
- Internal Audit Practitioner (IAP), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Chartered Internal Auditor (CMIIA) qualification advantageous but not required.
- Minimum of three to five years’ IT audit experience in practice or industry. IT internal audit experience preferred. Experience performing audits in regulated entities advantageous.
- Knowledge of COBIT and NIST frameworks.
- Experience auditing information security, preferably against the requirements of ISO27001.
- Experience using PowerBI or QlikView advantageous.
- Experience in performing audit data analytics or CAATs advantageous.
- Curious mindset, able to understand, evaluate and improve new processes.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms. Excellent report writing skills.
- Effective influencing skills and willingness to consider all points of view.
Internal - Auditees across the business
External - Co-source internal audit partner
What We Offer
We have some great benefits on offer for our employees in National Lottery including hybrid working, competitive pension, enhanced maternity, paternity and parents leave, term time, hybrid working, paid professional subscriptions and educational assistance, volunteering days, eye testing, flu vaccination, subsidised restaurant, sports and social club, employee of the quarter awards and a whole lot more.
At National Lottery we promote a positive working environment where people feel valued and supported, championing diversity to build an inclusive culture. We believe that this diversity builds a stronger organisation and is in keeping with our core values of being Open, Ambitious, Reliable, and Generous. Our policy, therefore, is to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. This means that we comply with all applicable human rights and employment legislation, and we do not discriminate in any aspect of employment. We believe that our workforce should be representative of our diverse population, and we are committed to reducing barriers to enable those from marginalised communities access our opportunities.